This year Pantone named Ultra Violet the color of the year explaining that Ultra Violet signifies “originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points to the future.” Ultra Violet is a fantastic color and we will surely see a lot of it this year, but is anyone else feeling like Black could possibly be the color of this year after watching the 2018 Golden Globes on Sunday night? Of course, we love black for all the obvious reasons like it has the amazing ability to make you look chic and trendy, and at the same time classy and dauntless, but I think this year Black has a whole new ring to it, unity. Each and every woman looked completely unique and beautiful in their black attire on Sunday, from Issa Rae’s shimmery black gown and cape to Christina Hendricks’ sultry pants suit. Every woman stunned on that carpet and the best part is that they did it together. This year black will signify unity, courage, hardcore woman power, friendship, and mad love. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m thinking Black is the new Black. Time’s Up and the winds of change are blowing.
Oh, the joy of the bridesmaid’s dress. Who doesn't remember that iconic scene in 27 Dresses when all of Jane's friends are lined up at the altar in the awful gowns they had her wear in their weddings? Gone are the days of the unfortunate and uncomfortable bridesmaid dress. Who wants to stand in front of a gathering of your best friend’s extended family and friends feeling and looking as awkward as a kindergartner who forgot the words to her solo at the holiday concert? And no bride wants that for her best girls. Now are the days of the fabulous bridesmaid dress where everyone in the bridal party feels confident and fully ready to support their girl on one of the biggest days of her life.
Here are a few of our favorite trends for bridesmaids dresses:
1. Women in White: We love the idea of all the women wearing white or ivory (ivory looks good on everyone) The whole squad is matching, but it is in such a chic way.
2. Mismatch, Match- In this trend, everyone is wearing the same dress, but some in print and some in solids. This is a fun way to mix it up and give your photos some variety.
3. Mix Up- Have all your bridesmaids wear whatever dress they want as long as it is all the same length and within the color scheme. This way everyone feels comfortable and can maybe show a little of their own personality.
4. Color Scheme Family- Everyone wearing colors that compliment each other, but different styles and different lengths. Gives a family photo kind of feel.
5. Same Color, Different Style- This trend is top of our list, maybe you have a color that you want everyone to wear, but some of your bridesmaids are bustier or bigger fans of the deep-v. With this trend, everyone can be uniform, yet comfortable and confident.