Oh, the joy of the bridesmaid’s dress. Who doesn't remember that iconic scene in 27 Dresses when all of Jane's friends are lined up at the altar in the awful gowns they had her wear in their weddings? Gone are the days of the unfortunate and uncomfortable bridesmaid dress. Who wants to stand in front of a gathering of your best friend’s extended family and friends feeling and looking as awkward as a kindergartner who forgot the words to her solo at the holiday concert? And no bride wants that for her best girls. Now are the days of the fabulous bridesmaid dress where everyone in the bridal party feels confident and fully ready to support their girl on one of the biggest days of her life.
Here are a few of our favorite trends for bridesmaids dresses:
1. Women in White: We love the idea of all the women wearing white or ivory (ivory looks good on everyone) The whole squad is matching, but it is in such a chic way.
2. Mismatch, Match- In this trend, everyone is wearing the same dress, but some in print and some in solids. This is a fun way to mix it up and give your photos some variety.
3. Mix Up- Have all your bridesmaids wear whatever dress they want as long as it is all the same length and within the color scheme. This way everyone feels comfortable and can maybe show a little of their own personality.
4. Color Scheme Family- Everyone wearing colors that compliment each other, but different styles and different lengths. Gives a family photo kind of feel.
5. Same Color, Different Style- This trend is top of our list, maybe you have a color that you want everyone to wear, but some of your bridesmaids are bustier or bigger fans of the deep-v. With this trend, everyone can be uniform, yet comfortable and confident.