#FeelGoodFriday is back with a few of our favorite love songs! Happy Friday!!
The Ford Piquette Plant was built in 1904 as Ford Motor Companies first purpose-built factory, meaning it was built for the sole purpose of building Ford vehicles. The Piquette Plant is located in the Milwaukee Junction neighborhood named for its railroad lines. The area was known as a hub of industry because of the swift and convenient railway transportation. In 1908 the Piquette Plant became the birthplace of the Model T, now it has been repurposed as a museum highlighting the great success of Ford Motor Company as well as a breathtaking event venue.
In late March a group of amazing Michigan based wedding creatives joined forces to create a beautiful bridal shoot showcasing the history and allure of the plant. The concept behind the was ballet in an effort to highlight the gorgeous handmade veils by KathrynAnn Bridal. Since the shoot was ballet themed it only seemed right to use all Pas de Deux gowns. Pas de Deux, literally meaning dance for two, is a bridal line that pulls its inspiration from ballet. The collection features delicate lace and light tulle as well as beautiful blush and dove gray hues. Here are some of our favorites from the shoot.
Oh, the joy of the bridesmaid’s dress. Who doesn't remember that iconic scene in 27 Dresses when all of Jane's friends are lined up at the altar in the awful gowns they had her wear in their weddings? Gone are the days of the unfortunate and uncomfortable bridesmaid dress. Who wants to stand in front of a gathering of your best friend’s extended family and friends feeling and looking as awkward as a kindergartner who forgot the words to her solo at the holiday concert? And no bride wants that for her best girls. Now are the days of the fabulous bridesmaid dress where everyone in the bridal party feels confident and fully ready to support their girl on one of the biggest days of her life.
Here are a few of our favorite trends for bridesmaids dresses:
1. Women in White: We love the idea of all the women wearing white or ivory (ivory looks good on everyone) The whole squad is matching, but it is in such a chic way.
2. Mismatch, Match- In this trend, everyone is wearing the same dress, but some in print and some in solids. This is a fun way to mix it up and give your photos some variety.
3. Mix Up- Have all your bridesmaids wear whatever dress they want as long as it is all the same length and within the color scheme. This way everyone feels comfortable and can maybe show a little of their own personality.
4. Color Scheme Family- Everyone wearing colors that compliment each other, but different styles and different lengths. Gives a family photo kind of feel.
5. Same Color, Different Style- This trend is top of our list, maybe you have a color that you want everyone to wear, but some of your bridesmaids are bustier or bigger fans of the deep-v. With this trend, everyone can be uniform, yet comfortable and confident.
It's another #feelgoodfriday over here at Detroit Bridal House and it has been a crazy week, but I am so excited to share some of my favorites from a styled shoot I did with some of the fly-est wedding creatives in the city!
Mid-February Miranda Crace and Erin Hannum gather some of the coolest ladies to create something amazing and below are some of my faves!
Can't get enough of these awesome women? Find more here:
Photographer: Erin Hannum Event Design: Spoke Events Floral Design: Studio Terrain Stationary: Cordial Punch Press Cake: Amalia Bakery Detroit Hair: Brittney Ounanian Makeup: Kyle Ann Design Dress: Rebecca Schoneveld Venue: Russell Industrial Center Model: Chelsye Christine
This shoot was also featured on WeddingDay Magazine
Happy Feel Good Friday!! This week's #FeelGoodFriday is dedicated Day Dates in the City. There are so many things to do in the city and restaurants to visit, sometimes it's nice just to hang out and bebop around. Here are a few suggestions for you and you boo to enjoy on a Saturday.
We all know how important self-care is, but in our fast-paced world, we rarely practice it. Wedding planning can be fun and exciting, but the reality of it is that it's a lot of work! It is imperative that you take the time to do something for yourself. Here are a few suggestions of activities you can do to relieve a bit of stress.
1. Light a candle and read a book: Find a Eucalyptus or Lavander Soy Candle and a good book. Take an hour or two at the end of the day and just fall into a good story. Allow the candle to relieve any stress and allow the book to take you away.
2. Have a girls night out: There is nothing like laughing and dancing with your best girls. Get dressed up, go out to dinner, and just be present in the moment with girls who make you laugh until your cheeks hurt.
3. Spa Day: Go get mani/pedi at your favorite place or get a massage. Treat yourself to a full day of pampering or just an hour or two.
4. Have a movie night: Who doesn't like a good movie night!? Pick a few movies that make you laugh or make you cry, invite your besties over, pop some popcorn, take a deep breath, and be present in that moment. Laugh until you cry, cry until you laugh, it's movie night!
5. Workout: It doesn't matter what you do to get that heart rate going, just do it (thank you, Nike, for the slogan). Run, practice yoga, go to a spin class, go to a kickboxing class, whatever makes you feel strong, do that, sweat a bit or a lot.
Share your favorite self-care routine us!!
Happy Feel Good Friday Friends!!
"Self-confidence is a super power. Once you start believing in yourself, magic starts happening."
It's finally Friday! Can you believe it!? We are jumping for joy here at Detroit Bridal House not only because it's Friday, but this Friday also begins our new campaign, Feel Good Friday! Obviously, Friday alone is exciting, but we'd like to add a little extra sparkle to the start of your weekend. Feel Good Friday will be all about what makes us feel confident, strong, and beautiful. Today's Feel Good Friday is dedicated to the diversity of size. I think we all can agree, shopping can sometimes be daunting, but shopping for a day a big as your wedding, but it doesn't have to be. You are unique, one of a kind and your wedding dress shopping experience should be too! Wedding dress shopping should be accessible for everyone, you should be able to worry if there is a designer that you love you should not have to worry if they carry gowns in your size. Often times we worry if bridal boutiques will have gowns that fit us. Will they be too big for me to really get a feel for how I look? Will they be too small for me to try on? Not to worry, here are a few gowns from designers who want to make sure that your experience is about you and is as fun, carefree, and creative as you are!
Go to our Facebook today and tell us what makes you feel confident, strong, and beautiful.
Happy Feel Good Friday!!
Designers Represented Below:
Daughters of Simone, Rebecca Schoneveld, and Stella York
It is finally here! T-Shirts and Canvas Tote Bags for you and your Bride Tribe!
Shoot us an email to order!! Visit our Shop DBH page for prices and options!
**only available through order form at the bottom of this page
Early March 2017 the Detroit/Metro Detroit Chapter of Rising Tide Society hosted a day of collaboration. Wedding creatives from across the Detroit area came to together to create beautiful product shots and cultivate a culture of collaboration and networking.
The editorial below is the product of Silver Bean Events vision brought to life through photographs by Lynsey Lue Photography.
Cake: Bella e Dolce
Stationary: Cordial Punch Press
Hand Lettering: Lana’s Lettering
Floral Design: Lasting Touch Floral
Hair&Make Up: KyleAnnDesign
Wedding Gown: Rebecca Schoneveld
Bridesmaid Dress: Detroit Bridal House
Belt: Stella York
“To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.”
The Belle Isle Conservatory has been an integral piece of Detroit’s fabric since the early 1800s. With its lush gardens, golden sand beaches, and timeless architectural structures Belle Isle was the perfect place to showcase the beauty of Stella York Style 6182.
Richelle of Richelle Marie Photography not only captured the beauty of Belle Isle Conservatory, but she also captured every lovely detail of Stella York Style 6182.
Dress: Detroit Bridal House
Photography and Florals: Richelle Marie Photography
Model: Lynn Mack
Make Up: Beats by Brittany G